Tuesday, October 4, 2011

From a place so dear

Mail takes a long time to travel over 5,000 miles,
So when Mom informed me that she had sent me a package
I knew it would be a bit of time before I received it.
But that did not stop me from checking the mail room almost every day...
Anyways, it came a little after a month to the day it was sent
and it came just in the nick of time.
See, I left Thursday night to spend a weekend in Latvia and Estonia
and I had been hoping that the package would arrive before I left
because it contained a certain purse that would make traveling much easier.
That morning, I checked the mail and much to my dismay: nothing.
(Actually, that's not true. There was a letter/card in there from someone
in the Study Abroad office back at school that I've been corresponding with - what a nice surprise!
but in regards to the package, that statement is true.)
Knowing there was nothing to do, the situation left my mind
and I looked forward to preparing for the upcoming adventure!
Later that night, the fire alarm went off in my dorm
and we had to evacuate to a common meeting area.
There, another SAS informed me that we both had packages waiting at the reception desk
and could pick them up as soon as possible!
So hooray! Long story...but I was so happy.
There's something about those washcloths that feel so like home...
Here are the other contents:


basically empty because they came along for the adventure

hooray for familiarity!

this x3

YUM

DOUBLESUPEREXTRA YUM

All from TJ's
All deliciously excellent
All thoughtful
All from my mama

Thanks ma!
xoxo
Han










No comments:

Post a Comment